1) Membership fees, if any, of the Athabasca Soccer Association (hereinafter referred to as the Association) shall be determined, from time to time, by the members at a General Meeting.
2) Members of the Athabasca Soccer Association may include:
a) individuals participating in soccer programs organized by the Association,
b) the Board of Directors of the Association, and
c) active coaches and/or referees under the jurisdiction of the Association, and
d) parents of children registered in soccer program organized by the Association.
3) Members of the Association may voluntarily withdraw membership at any time upon a notice in writing to the Board of Directors.
4) Any member upon majority vote of the Board of Directors may be expelled from membership for any cause which the Association may deem reasonable.
5) Members in arrears for fees or assessments for any year will have no membership privileges or powers until fees are remitted.
6) “Board of Directors” or “Board” shall mean the Board of Directors of the Association.
7) The Board of Directors shall, subject to the by-laws or directions given it by majority vote at any meeting properly called and constituted, have full control and management of the affairs of the Association between the Annual meetings.
8) The Board of Directors shall consist of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and a minimum of three directors that shall be elected at the Annual Meeting. The President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Directors will form the Executive Committee. Vacancies on the Board may be filled through appointment by the Board of Directors.
9) The regular term of office for all Board members shall be one (1) year. Officers elected at the Annual Meeting will take office at the end of the meeting. Officers appointed after the Annual Meeting shall remain in office until the next Annual Meeting.
10) Any member of the Board may resign at any time provided written notice is provided to the President.
11) The President of the Association shall be ex-officio member of all sub-committees. A minimum of one member of the Board of Directors shall serve on any sub-committee.
12) It shall be the duty of the Secretary to attend all meetings of the Association, Board and Executive Committee and keep accurate minutes of these meetings. He/she shall have charge of the Seal of the Association which whenever used, shall be authenticated by the signature of the President, or, in the case of the death or inability to act, by the Vice-President. In the case of absence of the Secretary, his/her duties shall be discharged by such officer as may be appointed by the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall have charge of all the correspondence of the Association and be under the direction of the President and the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall also ensure that a record of all the members of the Association and their addresses is kept, all notices of the various meetings are made as required, and that the annual dues or assessments (if any) levied by the Association are collected, received and promptly turned over to the Treasurer for deposit in a Bank, Trust Company, Credit Union or Treasury Branch as hereinafter required.
13) The Treasurer shall provide for the receipt of all monies paid to the Association and shall be responsible for the deposit of same in whatever Bank, Trust Company, Credit Union or Treasury Branch the Board of Directors may order. He/she shall provide for proper accounting for the funds of the Association and keep such books as may be directed. The Treasurer shall ensure a full detailed account of receipts and disbursements is presented to the Board of Directors whenever requested and shall prepare for submission to the Association a statement duly audited and retain a copy of same for the records of the Association. The Treasurer shall have sole custody of the cheque book. To issue a cheque requires the signatures of any two of the Executive.
14) The Association shall hold an Annual Meeting prior to April 30 of each year. Quorum for any meeting of the Association shall be set at ten (10) members in good standing. Notice of the Annual Meeting shall be advertised at least 14 days prior to the date of the meeting.
15) The Board of Directors of the Association shall meet at least once every three months as required between Annual meetings. Additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the President. Quorum for meetings of the Board shall be set at 2/3 of the Board members or at least four (4) Board members present.
16) A Special meeting of the Association may be called by the majority decision of the Board of Directors. Only items stated on the agenda as expressed in the purpose of the meeting may be dealt with at a Special meeting. Notice of a Special meeting must be advertised at least fourteen (14) days prior to the date of the meeting.
17) Any member in good standing present at the Annual Meeting or Special Meeting of the Association has a right to vote. Members under the age of eighteen (18) years may be represented by parent(s) or legal guardian(s) with one (1) vote per family. Voting must be made in person and not by proxy.
18) At all meetings of the Association, voting shall be by show of hands unless a vote by ballot is requested and approved by a majority of the members. Decisions shall be reached by a simple majority unless otherwise required by the bylaws of the Association.
19) Only members of the Board of Directors shall have the right to vote at Board meetings. Such votes must be made in person and not by proxy or otherwise.
20) Board members shall not receive any remuneration for services provided to the Association.
21) For the purpose of carrying out its objects, the Society may borrow or raise or secure payment of money in such manner as it finds fit, and in particular by the issue of debentures, but this power shall be exercised only under the authority of the Society, and in no case shall debentures be issued or funds borrowed without the sanction of a special resolution of the Society at a General Meeting.
22) The books, accounts and records of the Association shall be audited at least once each year by a duly qualified accountant or by two members of the society appointed by the Board of Directors other than the Secretary and the Treasurer for that purpose. The fiscal year of the Association in each year shall be January 1 to December 31.
23) A complete and proper statement of the standing of the books for the previous year shall be submitted for presentation to the Association at the Annual Meeting.
24) Upon dissolution of the Association, any assets remaining after paying debts and
liabilities will be:
i) disbursed to eligible charitable or religious groups or purposes; or
ii) transferred in trust to a municipality until such time as the assets can be transferred from the municipality to a charitable or religious group or purpose
approved by the Board.
25) The By-laws may be rescinded, altered or added to by motion at either an Annual or Special meeting. All proposed amendments to the bylaws must be forwarded in writing to the Board no later than thirty (30) days prior to the Annual meeting or Special meeting called for that purpose. Amendments to the by-laws will require a two-thirds majority vote of those members present.