The Canadian Soccer Association has adopted a long term player development model that provides children with age-appropriate skill development that helps players become more confident and have fun playing soccer. The tool kits below are great resources for activities and games for the various age groups.
U4 - U6 Active Start
U10-U12 Learning to Train
- Canadian Soccer Association: Select “Coaching Centre” for practice plans for age groups 6-7, 8-9, and 10-12. “Drill of the Month” and mini soccer rules are also available.
- World of Soccer: Resources for coaching all ages (including free online books).
- www.playgreatsoccer.com: This website encompasses shareware and other free information, includes free video samples as well as videos that can be accessed via a numbered ticket (for a ticket, contact the Coaching Director. This is a great resource site for U-10 coaches.
- Coaches Corner: This information, from the Tri-County website is another good resource for coaching information.? It contains coaching clinic announcements, coaching manuals, and practice guides.
- Alberta Soccer Association: This site includes a list of Sanctioned Tournaments for the year, District Boundaries, By-Laws and Rules, and all Provincial Information (both city and rural).
- Soccer-Drills: 100 animated drills available for download.
- Soccer Training Info: Useful tips and training ideas.
- Footy 4 kids. Soccer coaching basics, forum, drills and games, practice plans and more.
- JB Goalkeeping Comprehensive information , techniquies, and tactics for goalkeepers and goalkeeper coaches.
If you find a great soccer coaching site that you think should be added to this list, please send the Coaching Director an e-mail with the web address and a brief description of the site.